Area IX Championships are now open to entries! So get signed up as we would love to see you there!
Just as a refresher, here are the Area IX requirements for championships and time/location info:
Area IX Championships at The Event at Archer
Held August 18 – 21, 2022
Opening Date July 5 2022
Closing Day August 2, 2022
Area IX 2022 Championships – Qualifying criteria:
1. Qualification Period: August 26, 2021 – August 7, 2022
** All entries must be submitted by the posted closing date of the show (Aug 2nd)! However, late entries will be accepted only for those riders who obtain their qualification during the August 6-7, 2022Spring Gulch horse trials.
2. Intro through Modified Level Qualifications: 1st through 5th at one USEA recognized event with a minimum of 5 starters
3. Preliminary Level Qualifications: One placing 1st through 5th at a USEA recognized event with a minimum of 5 starters OR Two 1st through 5th placings with MER qualified finishes at USEA recognized events if there are less than 5 starters.
4. Completion at any level must meet the USEA definition of a MER to qualify for championships.
5 Area IX Members may qualify in any area but they must have competed in at least one USEA recognized event within Area IX during the qualifying time period on any horse.
6. Open to members of other Areas but non- Area IX riders must qualify within Area IX.
7. Rider and Horse must qualify as a pair